Your culinary journey begins here.
Highlights of our program include:
- Awarding of over $107,000.00 in departmental culinary student scholarships each year
- Internship opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally
- Professional award winning chef instructors provide immersive learning in hands-on culinary laboratories
- Networking opportunities with industry restaurants and hotels
- Industry connections through culinary-related opportunities and events
- Articulation into two four year Culinary degree programs at UH West Oahu & UH Manoa
- 2009 National Champions – American Culinary Federation (ACF) competition team
- 2009, 2013 & 2017 – Western Region Champions, ACF competition
We look forward to welcoming you to our program! Please access application and enrollment information below:
- Application & Admission Information
- Course Schedules
- Culinary Arts & Patisserie curriculum
- Financial Aid information
We have multiple pathways for pursuing your passion. Whether it be an Associate in Science degree or a certificate program or just taking one or two classes for personal enrichment. Additional information may be found in the general catalog.
|For Enrollment in||Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Session|
|Application Period||Sept 1 – August 1||Aug 1 – Dec 15||Jan 1 – June 15|
You are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as registration dates are assigned by the order in which applications are received and processed (in other words, the earlier you apply, the earlier you can register for classes!).
Complete the following applicable checklist to enroll:
Are you a…?
- *For Active Duty Military: To apply for the Military Nonresident Exemption submit a copy of Military Orders to KCC’s Admissions Office.
APPRENTICESHIP & NON-CREDIT PROGRAM:
Our American Culinary Federation apprenticeship program lets you work for pay at KCC’s food service outlets for three years, learning on-the-job skills necessary for job placement. Apprentices are classroom trained to supplement the culinary skills. For information on the ACF Apprenticeship program, please email Grant Itomitsu at firstname.lastname@example.org For non-credit program information, please email Dante Camara at email@example.com .
As soon as your…
- Application has been processed
- All HOLDs cleared
- Compass placement test is complete (if applicable) or transcripts have been evaluated (if applicable).
You are then welcomed to contact our Culinary Counselor for an in-office advising appointment.
Associate Professor and Culinary Arts Program Counselor, Certified Hospitality Educator
Prior to completing these steps, you may email Lmaehara@hawaii.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you into our program!